Monday, January 15, 2007

Cricket at the Santa FE Community College

Sunday morning and my friend Tapas calls me up for a game of Cricket(Yes.. Cricket in Gainesville),I had pending tasks to complete ..but then he told me this would be a good outing.The match was going to be played at the ground of the Santa FE College ,which was at a 20 minutes drive. I was surprised to see a lush green outfield .. with a number of Indians practicing with complete dedication and to my surprise all of them were at least 30 yrs old...
We had to field first..I had donned the wicket keeping gloves for the first time after 6 six yrs and was mighty pleased to do so... I was a bit short in my reflexes which was easily evident,but that was well enough as the bowling lacked speed.We went in to bat with 50 runs to get in the alloted 10 overs with me and Ajay opening the batting.I was padded up and took a trial run to make sure that I could manage to run.A single from Ajay brought me to bat. A nudge to third man got me a couple.The next delivery was the one which produced what I believe the Best Technical shot of the Day ,the Cut.. which was always my best shot, as soon I hit it, I really felt happy about myself. By the end of the 2nd over we were 13 for no loss.It was my turn to face the bowling and as always what people close to me expected was a bit of patience which vaporized when I saw a full toss being bowled at me... My eyes lit up and I went for the drive which was never there and the next second what I heard was the sound of timber.The long walk back to the pavilion started with me contributing 5 runs to the team's total.It has been a day since I got out to a full toss and I still cannot believe what happened.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

sahi hai beta..aish karo..also write something abt ur refined eating habits

Unknown said...

first learn to play cricket macha... he he...

Unknown said...

dont worry it happens to the best :-)